Kai Lewars | Project Manager
Terrex Development & Construction is a consultative commercial real estate services company that focuses in the development and construction of urban, mixed-use, office, industrial, retail, and multi-family projects. Terrex takes a solutions-oriented approach to provide the highest value to our clients in the Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and Dayton markets. Terrex was founded with a vision to deliver transparent, client-centric development and construction experiences.
- Manage, coordinate and supervise the construction process from the pre-construction stage through project close out.
- Responsible for delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Terrex Development & Construction, Project Manager – January 2017 to Present
- Portland Public Schools, Project Manager | Facilities and Asset Management – March 2015 to June 2016
- Gores Construction, Portland, OR, Safety & Quality Control Coordinator – July 2013 to March 2015
- Gores Construction, Portland, OR, Service Manager – August 2012 to July 2013
Representative Project Experience:
- Prus Construction – Renovation and Office Expansion – Cincinnati, OH
- Renovation and expansion of existing 5,400 SF office to 17,200 SF. Will include a high-bay training center and employee fitness center.
- Schaefer Office Headquarters – New Office Renovation – Cincinnati, OH
- Design-Builder of 16,000 SF office featuring an open office concept with a focus on collaborative spaces, restoring some of the unique elements of the existing building.
- Fayette Regional Hospital – Detox Center – Connersville, IN
- Construction of a 22,000 SF 4.0 Detoxification Unit including 46-beds located within Fayette Regional Hospital.
- Fayette Memorial Hospital – Sleep Lab – Connersville, IN
- Design and construction of new 2,000 SF sleep lab including 4 monitored sleep rooms with private baths.
- Thrive – Building Renovation and Office Expansion – Cincinnati, OH
- 5,000 SF Building renovation and expansion.
- Blue Manatee – Building Construction and Renovation – Cincinnati, OH
- 5,600 SF mixed use building including first floor retail and second floor office space.
- Reztark – New Office Renovation – Cincinnati, OH
- New office renovation of 9,696 SF featuring open office layout and collaboration spaces, preserving unique elements of the existing building.
- Hilltop Condominiums – Building Envelope Construction Defect Repairs – Portland, OR
- 16 buildings with a total of 108 units of targeted scope of repairs on the exterior building envelope. This included, but was not limited to siding, decks membranes, deck railings, windows, and utility penetrations.
- Portland Public Schools– Facilities and Asset Management – Portland, OR
- Owner’s Representative on numerous projects including but not limited to the School District’s Parking Lot Paving & Striping Budget, School Playgrounds, Athletic Facilities, Science Labs, Floor replacements, Asbestos/ Lead Abatement, Artistic Projects, etc.
- Gores Construction– Multi-Family and Commercial Properties- Portland, OR
- Conducted 100’s of exterior building envelope destructive testing inspections for construction defect litigation cases related to exterior building envelope defects. Led an exterior building envelope maintenance program for multi- family and commercial properties.
Training and Certifications:
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification
- Lead Certification
- First Aid/ AED/ CPR/ Bloodborne Pathogens Certification
- SPRAT Level 1 Rope Access Technician
- ENSA Rope Access Technician Level 1
- James Hardie Installation Trained
- Westcoat Specialty Coating Systems Trained
Education & Designations:
- B.S. Business Administration, Oregon State University
- Construction Engineering Management, Oregon State University
- I have one son, Malakai, who is going into the 6th grade.
- We moved to Cincinnati in June 2016 from Portland, Oregon.
- Enjoy learning new things with technology, exploring the outdoors, traveling, music, sports, and spending time with family and friends in the sun.