Building and ingenuity have long appealed to Matt Packer.
From an early age, Matt showed interest in building with everything from Legos to erector sets. This passion along with his entrepreneurial skills led him to do contract work while he was in high school constructing everything from decks to stone walls to woodwork.
Although his primary passion was in building and construction, the problem-solver in him yearned to know more about the “whys” behind what he was building, which led the upstate New York native to the University of Dayton to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering. While at UD, Matt began working for Miller Valentine Group where he began a career of project management that lasted for over two decades. While there he acquired the skills to lead a project team as well as the financial finesse of developing a project from the initial vision through final execution.
Even though he was content in his role, Matt had long dreamed of owning his own business where he could lead a dedicated team of construction and real estate development professionals. Combining their different skill sets, Matt, along with Tom Rowe and Pete Horton, established Terrex. At Terrex, Matt is able to fully leverage his inherent gift of solving complex problems and proposing creative solutions for clients. Always appreciative of great design as part of the construction process, Matt particularly enjoys the challenge of working with the project team to provide high quality design within every client’s budget and collaborating with them to effectively solve each of their unique building and construction needs.
Matt’s love of design and construction extends beyond Terrex. He is active in the community serving as a member of both the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Committee for Sacred Art and Architecture as well as on the St. Francis de Sales Parish Council and Building Committee.
Matt and Emily, his wife of almost 25 years, reside in Lebanon where they have homeschooled their eight children – six sons and two daughters. Terrex clients on jobsites in the summer may even encounter one of Matt’s college-age sons hard at work, following in their father’s footsteps. Outside of work, Matt’s calendar is filled with lots of family time enjoying everything from hiking, fishing, cooking, woodworking, playing cards, attending sporting events and just enjoying each other’s company.
Matthew F. Packer
- Provide leadership direction in budgeting, pre-construction activities, design team coordination, project estimates, and GMP creation.
- Responsible for establishing construction approach, project management, and bottom line management of project execution and safety.
- Terrex Development & Construction, Principal and Co-Founder – Sept 2014 to Present
- Miller-Valentine Group, Executive Project Manager May – 1994 to Aug 2014
Representative Project Experience:
Mixed Use Development
- Blue Manatee – Cincinnati, OH – 5,600 SF Two Story Retail/Office
- Falling Leaves – Hyde Park Square – Cincinnati, OH – 9,550 SF Three Story Retail/Residential
- Rookwood Exchange Predevelopment – Norwood, OH – 10 acre Mixed Use Development
- One River Plaza Predevelopment – Cincinnati OH – 14 story Mixed Use Urban Development
- Mission Point Site Development – Beavercreek, OH – 74 acre Site Development
- Evendale Commons – Evendale OH – 80 acre Site, Retail and Office Development
- Dayton Fairground Predevelopment – Dayton, OH – 40 acre Redevelopment
- Midland Building – Cincinnati, OH – 4,877 SF Landlord Office Renovation
- Midland Building – Cincinnati, OH – 3,567 SF Building Core and Restrooms
- Champion – Sharonville, OH – 41,500 SF Office Renovation
- Reztark Design Studio – Cincinnati, OH – 9,696 SF Two Story Office Renovation
- Thrive – Cincinnati, OH – 5,000 SF Office and Building Renovation
- Gaslight Property – Cincinnati, OH – 4,937 SF Office Renovation
- Schaefer Office Headquarters – Cincinnati, OH – 15,792 SF Office Renovation
- Mission Point Office – Beavercreek, OH – 94,587 SF Three Story Office
- Two WaterStone – Cincinnati, OH – 81,057 SF Three Story Office
- One Hamburg Place – Lexington, KY – 77,084 SF Three Story Office
- Berkeley Building (2003), Columbia, SC – 74,100 SF Three Story Office
- The Lofts at One West High Street – Oxford, OH – 25,000 SF, 4-story, Mixed-Use, 11 Unit Apartment/Retail Building
- FlightSafety International, Cincinnati/Northern KY Int’l Airport, 12,000 SF Training Facility
- Dupont Office Center Building One, Two, and Three, Ft. Wayne, IN – 225,000 SF Office Complex
- Fayette Regional Hospital – Connersville, IN – 4.0 Detoxification 46 Bed Unit
- Fayette Regional Hospital – Connersville, IN – Sleep Lab – 4 Monitored Sleep Rooms
- Petland – Florence, KY – 5,860 SF Tenant Build Out
- Petland – Mason, OH 5,860 SF Tenant Build Out
- Urban Stead Cheese – Cincinnati, OH – 8,300 SF Build Out with 1,600 SF Tasting Room and Bar
- Wiedemann Brewery – Cincinnati, OH – 16,000 SF Building Renovation with 3,000 SF Addition
- Americano Burger Bar – Cincinnati, OH – 4,000 SF Build Out
- The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati – Cincinnati, OH – 30,000 SF Building Renovation
- L’Escalade Fitness Mosiac Climbing – Loveland, OH – 22,000 SF Building Renovation with 6,000 SF Addition
- Woodbury Glen Pool House – Cincinnati, OH – 550 SF Pool House and 1,200 SF Inground Pool
Industrial / Warehouse
- Champion – Sharonville, OH – Main Production Facility Upgrades
- Expressport, Ft. Wayne, IN – 112,000 SF Industrial/Manufacturing Facility
- Centennial One, Ft. Wayne, IN – 108,200 SF Industrial/Manufacturing Facility
- Carolina Pines One, Columbia, SC – 168,000 SF Industrial Facility
- Links Unlimited – Cincinnati, OH – 72,023 SF Corporate Office and Fulfillment Facility LEED®
- Tenneco Inc. – Kettering, OH, 1,240,000 SF Major Renovation of Manufacturing Facility
- Wesco, Dayton, OH, 18,200 SF Tilt-up Electrical Supply Retail/Warehouse Facility
- US Precision Lens Coating Room Addition, Clermont County, OH, 73,600 SF Manufacturing/Warehouse Addition, 8,000 SF Addition, 12,000 SF Mezz and Clean-room
- Stewart Filmscreen – Amelia, OH, 22,000 SF Addition
- Renegade Materials – Springboro, OH, 22,500 SF Office and Composite Materials Laboratory
- IAMS Warehouse Expansion – Leipsic, OH, 100,000 SF Tilt-up Warehouse
- P&G Pet Lab Renovations – Mason, OH, 10,386 SF
- P&G SWIC S-Building Expansion and Lab Renovation – Blue Ash, OH, 12,161 SF
- P&G DS-2 Analytical Labs Demo and Renovations – Mason OH, 9,061 SF
- L’Oreal USA – Florence, KY– Over 20 Renovations in 20 years
- L’Oreal USA – Florence North Redeployment – Florence, KY, 400,000 Renovation and Expansion for a new plant.
- Eurostampa Expansion – Cincinnati, OH, 54,900 SF Expansion
- SAE Fraternity – Cincinnati, OH – Historic Renovation and Addition
- CCIM National and Ohio Chapter – Member
- Cincinnati Chapter of the US Green Building Council (USGBC)