Peter is a Principal and Co-Founder of Terrex Development & Construction, a regional real estate development and construction firm that he launched in 2014 with two other partners. Pete provides his firm with a balanced approach of client management and project delivery. He brings over 20 years of experience at all levels of project leadership to help Terrex clients achieve the maximum results for their development or construction project. Pete has a passion for creating projects that positively impact the community.
Since launching Terrex, Pete has worked on projects including the construction and renovation of the Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati on Red Bank Road, the Mosaic Climbing facility in Loveland, the new Blue Manatee bookstore in Oakley, and the redevelopment of the Zumbiel Packaging facility on the Norwood Lateral. Earlier this year, Terrex revealed their plans for their Uptown Gateway project, the creation of a new $180 million mixed use development at the southeast corner Reading Road and Martin Luther King Drive.
Pete graduated from University of Cincinnati, DAAP with a Bachelor of Architecture. After graduation, Pete and his wife, Mary, lived and worked in Chicago. In 2002, they moved back to Ohio to raise a family where Pete took a position with BHDP Architecture. In 2005, Pete made a major shift in his career from architecture to commercial real estate and joined the Miller-Valentine Group in Cincinnati. For Miller-Valentine, Pete helped manage the Cincinnati Market for both commercial construction and development opportunities.
Pete is an extremely active member of many professional and community organizations and the immediate Past-President of NAIOP Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Chapter. Along with his involvement with NAIOP, Pete is also a Board Member of the Cincinnati Museum Center, a Board Member & Vice-President for The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati, a Board Member of Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, Past-President of the Ambassador Council for the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, and is a graduate of both the C-Change and Leadership Cincinnati programs.
Peter T. Horton CCIM
- Source and manage the execution of commercial development and construction projects.
- Provide Terrex with a balanced approach of client management and project leadership.
- Manage the development process, including site selection, entitlement, due diligence, design, pro forma financial modeling, project financing, public funding, marketing, stabilization and permanent financing.
- Terrex Development & Construction, Principal and Co-Founder – Sept 2014 to Present
- Miller-Valentine Group, Vice President, Cincinnati Market – Aug 2005 to Aug 2014
Representative Project Experience:
- Uptown Gateway – Cincinnati, OH
Developing a $225M mixed use project on a new urban interchange that offers over 400,000 SF of office and a 200 key hotel over two underground parking structures.
- On the Lateral – Norwood, OH
Developing a 90,000 SF office on a former industrial site. Project involved complex assembly, environmental issues and multiple sources of funding, including a grant from the State of Ohio.
- NexTek Phase I – Cincinnati, OH
Working with The Port and Messer Construction to deliver approximately 75,000 SFT of speculative advanced manufacturing space on the former Cincinnati Gardens site.
- NexTek Phase II – Cincinnati, OH
Working with The Port and Messer Construction to develop, market, build and deliver a BTSL 120,000 SFT advanced manufacturing space on the former Cincinnati Gardens site.
- On the Lateral Office Development – Norwood, OH
Redevelopment of the former Zumbiel Packaging industrial site into a new commercial office development. Able to turn what had been a liability into a marketable asset for ownership.
- Links Unlimited – Office HQ and Warehouse Facility – Cincinnati, OH
Design-Build delivery of a new 180,000 SF facility that includes 30,000 SF of corporate office space.
- Belcan – Office HQ Tenant Interiors – Blue Ash, OH
Full building tenant interior renovation of the 134,000 SF former Hawthorne Center in Blue Ash.
- Fayette Regional Health System – New Detox Center – Connersville, IN
Complete renovation of a 21,445 SF hospital wing that provides 46-bed detox unit, design and constructed to meet state psychiatric standards.
- Prus Construction – Office Renovation and Expansion – Cincinnati, OH
Design-build renovation and expansion of 17,200 SF of Prus Construction facility. Project was phased to maintain uninterupted operations during construction.
- Urban Stead Cheese – Building renovation – Cincinnati, OH
Renovation of an existing 8,300 SF building in Walnut Hills to a artisan cheese production facility with controlled aging rooms and retail tasting room & bar.
- Schaefer Engineering – Office HQ Renovation – Cincinnati OH
Interior renovation of 15,800 SF of the Midland Building downtown Cincinnati.
- Petland Retail Stores – Building Renovations – Florence, KY and Deerfield Twp, OH
Retail interior renovations of existing buildings.
- Blue Manatee Building – New Mixed-use Construction – Cincinnati, OH
Construction of a new urban infill mixed-use building that included first floor retail and second floor office space.
- Falling Leaves – New Mixed-use Construction – Cincinnati, OH
Construction of a new 3-story, 10,000 SF mixed-use building that included ground floor retail with residential above.
- Mosaic Climbing – Building Renovation and Expansion – Loveland, OH
Design-build renovation of 22,000 SF existing building and a 6,000 SF building addition with a 50 FT clear height high climb area.
- The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati – Renovation and Facility Expansion – Cincinnati, OH
Conversion of an existing 32,000 SF manufacturing building into new administrative offices, K-12 studio and classrooms, and 150 seat theater.
CM Delivery of construction services.
- Americano Burger Bar – New Restaurant at 84.51° Building – Cincinnati, OH
Interior build out on new restaurant within the new 84.51°
Design Build delivery of construction services.
Professional Associations & Involvement:
- Cincinnati Museum Center | Board Member
- NAIOP Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky Chapter | Board Member, Past President
- Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park | Board Member
- The Children’s Theatre Cincinnati | Board Member, Vice-President
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden Ambassador Council | Past President
- C-Change Leadership Program | Class 2
- Leadership Cincinnati | Class 35
- Forty under 40 | Class of 2011
- Cincinnati Country Day School – Master Plan Committee Member
- C-Change Leadership Alumni Association
- Leadership Cincinnati Steering Committee
- University of Cincinnati Real Estate Roundtable
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
Education & Designations:
- Bachelors of Architecture, University of Cincinnati (DAAP)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, Ohio
- My wife Mary and I have been married for over 20 years and we have two sons, Will and Reed
- We moved to Cincinnati in January 2002 and live in Anderson Township
- Cincinnati Country Day School – Youth Basketball & Soccer Coach (10 years)
- Member of the Lake Mansfield Trout Club in Stowe, Vermont